2013-03-23

1. Blogging every day

I want to form a habit of writing about software development and personal productivity. It's on my list of long term intentions, and I have blogged sporadically in the past. Small blips every now and then, and I hate to admit that publishing a blog-post have been much work to some extent. I've been baking on them, reading, rereading, re-rereading and moving paragraphs and - Egad! They're still not perfect! I do the same thing with emails btw. I'm fretting over the content way longer than I should. I think the proof is in the pudding, that's an unproductive approach. 

During the last week I've repeatedly thought to my self that if I, at some point in time, set out to blog something about what I'd like to write about, every day for, say, a month, that would be an attainable well formed goal that would help me form that habit.

I'm not one for new year resolutions. I don't believe they work. Never did. I believe, at least, that I have well thought ought reasons not to do so. The main reason is that it, in some way, represent postponing important things to some day in the future on the cost of more urgent matters. "Yes, I'd make it a new year resolution to quit smoking." - but not right now. I tried to put the idea in my Incubate-folder first. But the third time it showed up I decided that now was the time to do it. So - this is number one. Thirty to go. And I haven't even figured out what tomorrows topic will be yet. Kind of scary.

And this is the main topic of this exact post: I want to establish a new behavior. So I set out to exercise the habit I want to establish in a somewhat extreme manner. In a month, I'm changed. If I follow through with it. I've read about this somewhere. Not sure from where, but it's not my idea. I still think it's good. So I'm doing it anyway. Let's see if I manage to follow through, all the way.

Let me know if you manage to find a positive adjective to describe my writing. Until tomorrow, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment